Splitgate is a free to play, sci fi themed, competitive multiplayer shooter featuring a portal combat mechanic delivering high flying and fast paced combat. Splitgate Season 0 released on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC with cross play on August 25th, 2021.
The season brings a new map called Karman Station which replaces Outpost. There are improvements to the map from the beta test environment.
Splitgate Season 0 Launch Trailer
This is the season 0 launch trailer that Splitgate released on their official YouTube channel August 25th, 2021.
The Splitgate Season 0 Battle Pass contains 100 tiers or levels. They reward the player with new items that are exclusive to the pass holders. Items include armor, weapon skins, name tags, banners, portal skins and more. Here is an example of one of the weapon skins that is unlockable in the Splitgate battle pass for the Assault Rifle called “Cardboard”.
There is a new game mode coming to Splitgate for season 0 called Contamination. The contaminated team uses bats only and the human team have shotguns. When the contaminated players eliminate a human player, the human player respawns becomes a contaminated player. The game is over when all players are contaminated or if the time runs out, which ever happens first.
There is a new playlist available for season 0 titled “Casual Team Rumble” where players will find game modes such as Contamination, Big Head Snipers, Splitball, and more.
- Final Kill Cam feature added.
- Fully Auto
- .125 fire rate
- 15.5 body damage
- 17.5 head damage
- Aim Assist adjustment slider, where as 100% on the slide is the rate that aim assist has been up until season 0.
- Overtime added to King of the Hill, VIP, and Oddball game modes.
- Completing all daily challenges rewards players with a drop.
- A new referral pass with 9 levels and new items.
- Custom games browser with search and filters.
- Portals can be shot through friendly players now, i.e. no more friendly body blocking.
- Ranked divisions added.
- Team switching during custom matches added.
- Updated various hills and domination points on various maps and improved visibility on pickup zone text.
- Hill Mesh has been updated.
- BETA BP bug fixed, you can equip items 11-15 from the beta battle pass in your locker.
- Footstep audio adjusted.
- Server optimizations and many other misc bug fixes.
For more information on Splitgate and Season 0, please visit the official Splitgate website.